damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Pets, Animals, and Plants (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals (/thread-19.html)

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - Kurihara - 09-03-2022

(09-03-2022, 12:28 AM)Autumnn Wrote: actually I have kind of a stupid question for cat experts here..why do these cats I see on YouTube mew so much but when I approach cats in real life, they are mostly quiet or just ignore me?

LOL! I don't consider myself a cat expert but from personal experience, cats who mew at humans usually want something from them. Like food or some kind of affection. So cats typically mew at humans whom they know will offer food or affection.

The youtubers I posted here have probably fed the cats before. Either that or they are holding food that the cats can see or smell. 

So...don't worry if the cats you meet are silent. Most cats don't mew so easily. Smile

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - berry_good - 10-03-2022

(09-03-2022, 10:15 PM)Kurihara Wrote: LOL! I don't consider myself a cat expert but from personal experience, cats who mew at humans usually want something from them. Like food or some kind of affection. So cats typically mew at humans whom they know will offer food or affection.

The youtubers I posted here have probably fed the cats before. Either that or they are holding food that the cats can see or smell. 

So...don't worry if the cats you meet are silent. Most cats don't mew so easily. Smile

Yah and also some cats are just more quiet and shy.

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - Kurihara - 11-03-2022

Enjoy a singing otter for the upcoming weekend.  Smile

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - Icicle - 13-03-2022

(11-03-2022, 05:19 PM)Kurihara Wrote: Enjoy a singing otter for the upcoming weekend.  Smile

So cute! This otter can form a band with the singing parrot posted earlier in this thread.

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - canary1990 - 15-03-2022

[Image: nXOIumB.gif]

Heart

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - Kurihara - 16-03-2022

[Image: nTK1tpK.gif]

Heart
By the way, I think only ragdoll cats like to be held like this so please don't try this on every cat you see. Big Smile

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - Autumnn - 19-03-2022

(09-03-2022, 10:15 PM)Kurihara Wrote: LOL! I don't consider myself a cat expert but from personal experience, cats who mew at humans usually want something from them. Like food or some kind of affection. So cats typically mew at humans whom they know will offer food or affection.

(10-03-2022, 08:18 PM)berry_good Wrote: Yah and also some cats are just more quiet and shy.

hahah ok gd to know. i was starting to worry if cats just dun like me for some reason. Laugh

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - k.ng - 20-03-2022

Will you dare to be on this zoo tour? 

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - monstafish - 21-03-2022

(20-03-2022, 05:30 PM)k.ng Wrote: Will you dare to be on this zoo tour? 

hahahah i feel like they are laughing because of nervousness

RE: Sharing cute and funny videos of animals - Kurihara - 21-03-2022

(20-03-2022, 05:30 PM)k.ng Wrote: Will you dare to be on this zoo tour? 

This male lion is probably still quite young and playful but I think he doesn't realise how big and scary he is. Big Smile