damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - canary1990 - 18-02-2022

(18-02-2022, 03:24 PM)jenzz Wrote: hmm the siew yoke looks gd. looks like their secret is boiling the pork belly in salt and vinegar and then drying it in an oven before deep frying it.

I'm glad the host leaked the secret to us. Going to try this method when I have the time. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - membrain - 18-02-2022

(17-02-2022, 09:33 PM)crispy Wrote: bangkok versions of hainanese chicken rice and kway chap..wonder if they are better than the singaporean version.
the last item he tries, dry noodles with crispy pork, looks very solid too.

Wah nice. The skin looks amazingly crispy.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 19-02-2022

Food vlogger visits an Egyptian home and enjoys a home-cooked feast. Moms are the same everywhere, so much love in the food.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - yh92 - 20-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 05:47 PM)Icicle Wrote: Food vlogger visits an Egyptian home and enjoys a home-cooked feast. Moms are the same everywhere, so much love in the food.

At abt 5:48, you can see the mother preparing a dish using grape leaves. Its qt a common dish in the mediterranean area and its delicious! Try it if you have the chance. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 21-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 05:47 PM)Icicle Wrote: Food vlogger visits an Egyptian home and enjoys a home-cooked feast. Moms are the same everywhere, so much love in the food.

very nice video. the home cooked dinner was really made with love.
one interesting thing i saw in the video was the street vendor selling foul (pronounced foal or fool). singaporean muslims have adapted the dish and you can find a local version (called pool) in geylang serai and eunos crescent food center. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - mich.c - 21-02-2022

100% self-service instant ramen shop with free toppings in Korea. Will this idea work in Singapore? Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - bibimbappo - 21-02-2022

(21-02-2022, 10:12 PM)mich.c Wrote: 100% self-service instant ramen shop with free toppings in Korea. Will this idea work in Singapore? Smile

There's an even bigger shop with the same concept in Thailand. But I like the one in your video better because of the free toppings. Free flow kimchi with your instant noodles is just too good.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 22-02-2022

(21-02-2022, 10:12 PM)mich.c Wrote: 100% self-service instant ramen shop with free toppings in Korea. Will this idea work in Singapore? Smile

We kinda have the same concept in Singapore but the free toppings bar...hmmm that may get abused. Sad

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - yh92 - 22-02-2022

Maybe can work in a uni campus or smt like that? But yah I feel like I will be a little cautious if I open such a shop here. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - shiv - 22-02-2022

(21-02-2022, 11:22 PM)bibimbappo Wrote: There's an even bigger shop with the same concept in Thailand. But I like the one in your video better because of the free toppings. Free flow kimchi with your instant noodles is just too good.

Wow this shop looks crazy. It's more like a museum of instant noodles than a shop.