damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - shiv - 21-07-2022

(18-07-2022, 09:54 PM)k.ng Wrote: Frying char kway teow looks super tiring and uncomfortable. The uncles and aunties who do it are the unsung heroes. Smile

That's why very few young people are willing to continue these hawker stalls. Sad.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - membrain - 22-07-2022

Another video from Mark Wiens' recent visit here, featuring the Makansutra guy, KF Seetoh. Enjoy the video and enjoy your weekend! Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - adrenalinn - 22-07-2022

(20-07-2022, 05:49 AM)monstafish Wrote: interesting to see singapore franchise in overseas. too bad the curry and laksa look more watery, must be thick then shiok. Big Smile

I was thinking either they adapted to japanese taste buds or maybe couldnt find the right ingredients.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - bibimbappo - 24-07-2022

(22-07-2022, 04:15 PM)membrain Wrote: Another video from Mark Wiens' recent visit here, featuring the Makansutra guy, KF Seetoh. Enjoy the video and enjoy your weekend! Big Smile

Wow makansutra. I remember he even hosted his own TV show a long time ago.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ghettomotto - 25-07-2022

(24-07-2022, 09:01 PM)bibimbappo Wrote: Wow makansutra. I remember he even hosted his own TV show a long time ago.

Yeah I remember his TV show too. KF Seetoh did a good job of marketing himself because he used to accompany Anthony Bourdain quite often whenever he visited Singapore.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 25-07-2022

(24-07-2022, 09:01 PM)bibimbappo Wrote: Wow makansutra. I remember he even hosted his own TV show a long time ago.

Yah he published a guide to local hawker food too. I think he was the first to do it? Even before blogs became popular.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Limfamily - 26-07-2022

(22-07-2022, 04:15 PM)membrain Wrote: Another video from Mark Wiens' recent visit here, featuring the Makansutra guy, KF Seetoh. Enjoy the video and enjoy your weekend! Big Smile

The vadai looks amazing from the way they eat it. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 27-07-2022

A nice old-school Korean BBQ restaurant in Daejeon, South Korea. 

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 27-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 05:27 PM)Icicle Wrote: A nice old-school Korean BBQ restaurant in Daejeon, South Korea. 

Love places like this. I visited a no frills restaurant like this when I visited Korea and it ended up being one of the memorable dining experiences of my life. Smile Not just the food but also the friendliness of other diners and the boss.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - quiksilver - 31-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 11:21 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Love places like this. I visited a no frills restaurant like this when I visited Korea and it ended up being one of the memorable dining experiences of my life. Smile Not just the food but also the friendliness of other diners and the boss.

My friends and I had a similar experience when travelling in Korea too. We were hungry at night so we just walked out of our airbnb and went into the first restaurant that was open. No-frills, no English, but the food was delicious and the owners were so friendly.