damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 31-08-2022

(28-08-2022, 04:02 PM)k.ng Wrote: Love the noodles at the first place he ate at. Just looks like the classic kind of dry noodles you find in Malaysia...simple but delicious.

(29-08-2022, 06:28 AM)monstafish Wrote: the sambal kerang (cockles) looks solid! Like

Totally agreed! The last seafood restaurant in the video looks interesting too. New ideas for my malaysia road trip with my family. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 03-09-2022

(28-08-2022, 04:02 PM)k.ng Wrote: Love the noodles at the first place he ate at. Just looks like the classic kind of dry noodles you find in Malaysia...simple but delicious.

Malaysian 干捞面 is my favourite kind of breakfast noodles. Don't know how they do it differently but Singaporean version tends to be less savoury and salty.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - shiv - 04-09-2022

I always thought the Japanese-style salmon roe was served raw, never knew it had to be cooked and marinated. I learned something new today. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 05-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 11:08 AM)shiv Wrote: I always thought the Japanese-style salmon roe was served raw, never knew it had to be cooked and marinated. I learned something new today. Like

I bet it's so much more delicious than the farm-raised salmon we normally get here. Must feel damn shiok catching one and cooking it on the spot.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - kxingstar - 07-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 11:08 AM)shiv Wrote: I always thought the Japanese-style salmon roe was served raw, never knew it had to be cooked and marinated. I learned something new today. Like

Wah that's a lot of roe. Definitely feel like getting some Japanese food after watching it.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 08-09-2022

Warning first ah, some of you may not enjoy this video. It's a very unique way of cooking pigs' intestine, basically deep fried until it puffs up. And because it's in Sichuan, the deep fried intestine is then stir fried with chili. Looks delicious to me but I know it's not for everyone. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Kurihara - 09-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 03:39 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: Warning first ah, some of you may not enjoy this video. It's a very unique way of cooking pigs' intestine, basically deep fried until it puffs up. And because it's in Sichuan, the deep fried intestine is then stir fried with chili. Looks delicious to me but I know it's not for everyone. Big Smile

That really is quite special, never seen anyone cook intestines that way before. When it's deep fried, it looks a lot like cracklings or chicharon.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - crispy - 09-09-2022

(08-09-2022, 03:39 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: Warning first ah, some of you may not enjoy this video. It's a very unique way of cooking pigs' intestine, basically deep fried until it puffs up. And because it's in Sichuan, the deep fried intestine is then stir fried with chili. Looks delicious to me but I know it's not for everyone. Big Smile

anything will taste gd when deep fry and then stir fry again with chili and sauce Cheeky

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - jenzz - 10-09-2022

normally im not a fan of intestines because the texture feels abit slimy but this version looks decent. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 12-09-2022

(10-09-2022, 06:18 PM)jenzz Wrote: normally im not a fan of intestines because the texture feels abit slimy but this version looks decent. Like

Yeah agreed. Does anyone know if this kind of deep fried intestine is available in SG?