damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 13-09-2022

My friend goes to HCMC for work quite often and she told me about this seafood street before. The food looks as good as she described. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - krustyyy08 - 14-09-2022

(13-09-2022, 03:52 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: My friend goes to HCMC for work quite often and she told me about this seafood street before. The food looks as good as she described. Smile

I can confirm the seafood in quan 4 is mostly very good. I forgot the name of the restaurant I visited but the spicy crab and prawns were super shiok.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - kxingstar - 15-09-2022

(13-09-2022, 03:52 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: My friend goes to HCMC for work quite often and she told me about this seafood street before. The food looks as good as she described. Smile

Haha I am allergic to half the menu but it still looks delicious.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 16-09-2022

(15-09-2022, 04:56 PM)kxingstar Wrote: Haha I am allergic to half the menu but it still looks delicious.

I know that feeling, which is too bad because I really enjoy all the different shellfish. -_-

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 18-09-2022

Super thick curry noodles in Ipoh. It even looks better than the chicken hor fun served in the same restaurant, even though chicken hor fun is supposed to be Ipoh's signature dish.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 20-09-2022

(18-09-2022, 11:57 AM)totoro08 Wrote: Super thick curry noodles in Ipoh. It even looks better than the chicken hor fun served in the same restaurant, even though chicken hor fun is supposed to be Ipoh's signature dish.

Yum that looks nice. Prob much nicer than the standard curry noodles common in Malaysia which tend to be quite watery.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 22-09-2022

(20-09-2022, 05:17 PM)Icicle Wrote: Yum that looks nice. Prob much nicer than the standard curry noodles common in Malaysia which tend to be quite watery.

Yeah I don't really like it when they turn curry noodles into a soup dish too. Curry must be thick! Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - MooMooBird - 23-09-2022

Greg's review of a famous Chinese-style mutton soup stall in Pasir Panjang. I think it's another nice review from him, as he describes each component of the soup and also gives us some info about the hawker's approach to business.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - mesmerise - 24-09-2022

(23-09-2022, 01:43 PM)MooMooBird Wrote: Greg's review of a famous Chinese-style mutton soup stall in Pasir Panjang. I think it's another nice review from him, as he describes each component of the soup and also gives us some info about the hawker's approach to business.

I'm not a big fan of mutton taste but this review makes me want to try it.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - vince95 - 25-09-2022

(24-09-2022, 04:32 PM)mesmerise Wrote: I'm not a big fan of mutton taste but this review makes me want to try it.

mutton is actually very delicious, just needs to be cooked and seasoned well. the hawker seems really dedicated to his dish so it should be good.