damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Autumnn - 18-12-2022

Paiseh if this has been posted already but this Michelin starred yu char kway stall in Bangkok is awesome.

Other than the pandan cream, what really sets them apart is the extra step of charcoal grilling the yu char kway. If you're in BKK, try it!

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 20-12-2022

(18-12-2022, 10:59 AM)Autumnn Wrote: Paiseh if this has been posted already but this Michelin starred yu char kway stall in Bangkok is awesome.

Other than the pandan cream, what really sets them apart is the extra step of charcoal grilling the yu char kway. If you're in BKK, try it!

ohh simple but looks delicious. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - shiv - 20-12-2022

(17-12-2022, 10:08 AM)MooMooBird Wrote: They are really dangerous in different ways. A deep fried burger's caloric level is obviously high so you just stop at one but bubble tea feels so light and easy to drink and before you know it, you already consumed 300-500 calories in one cup. Best to eat less fried stuff and drink more water. Big Smile

Good point about bubble tea and sugary drinks in general. I cut soft drinks out of my diet and lost weight quite quickly as a result. Those are really the silent weight gainers.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ricericerice - 21-12-2022

(18-12-2022, 10:59 AM)Autumnn Wrote: Paiseh if this has been posted already but this Michelin starred yu char kway stall in Bangkok is awesome.

Tried this a couple of times. Can recommend. Like Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 22-12-2022

Cool little Malay seafood restaurant in Kedah. The setting is super unique, in a mangrove forest!

English subtitles available.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - kxingstar - 23-12-2022

(22-12-2022, 12:15 PM)totoro08 Wrote: Cool little Malay seafood restaurant in Kedah. The setting is super unique, in a mangrove forest!

The bowl of noodles looks great. When you have such fresh seafood, simplicity is the way to go. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 24-12-2022

(21-12-2022, 11:49 AM)ricericerice Wrote: Tried this a couple of times. Can recommend. Like Like

Same here. I recommend the stall but you may wanna find out when the off-peak hours are because the queues can get quite crazy.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 25-12-2022

(22-12-2022, 12:15 PM)totoro08 Wrote: Cool little Malay seafood restaurant in Kedah. The setting is super unique, in a mangrove forest!

Very unique environment but only question is the mosquitoes. Scared

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - adrenalinn - 26-12-2022

(20-12-2022, 10:48 PM)shiv Wrote: Good point about bubble tea and sugary drinks in general. I cut soft drinks out of my diet and lost weight quite quickly as a result. Those are really the silent weight gainers.

Agreed. Water is still the best beverage.

[Image: download-1623845090.jpg]

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - k.ng - 28-12-2022

(18-12-2022, 10:59 AM)Autumnn Wrote: Other than the pandan cream, what really sets them apart is the extra step of charcoal grilling the yu char kway. If you're in BKK, try it!

I agree. The charcoal grilled flavour really gives it an extra layer of flavour. I'm craving for it now after watching that video. -_-