damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 08-01-2023

I admit I was attracted by the title of the video "Huge Anime Sized Servings" but in the end, I kept watching because of how efficient the cook is. Very satisfying to watch. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - mich.c - 09-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 01:34 PM)Icicle Wrote: I admit I was attracted by the title of the video "Huge Anime Sized Servings" but in the end, I kept watching because of how efficient the cook is. Very satisfying to watch. Smile

Go to 27:25 if you want to see the large rice portions. And that's not even the biggest serving he has. Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - canary1990 - 10-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 01:34 PM)Icicle Wrote: I admit I was attracted by the title of the video "Huge Anime Sized Servings" but in the end, I kept watching because of how efficient the cook is. Very satisfying to watch. Smile

Wow at the fried chicken. Not just huge but also looks so perfectly fried.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 11-01-2023

(18-12-2022, 10:59 AM)Autumnn Wrote: Paiseh if this has been posted already but this Michelin starred yu char kway stallĀ in Bangkok is awesome.

Other than the pandan cream, what really sets them apart is the extra step of charcoal grillingĀ the yu char kway. If you're in BKK, try it!

Found this pasar malam video with a similar kind of dessert you tiao (skip to 11min 52s of the video). A LOT of sweet and savoury flavours, but I don't think it's grilled over charcoal like the bangkok version.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - canary1990 - 12-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 01:01 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Found this pasar malam video with a similar kind of dessert you tiao (skip to 11min 52s of the video). A LOT of sweet and savoury flavours, but I don't think it's grilled over charcoal like the bangkok version.

I am now "inspired" to get fried chicken cutlet for lunch today. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 13-01-2023

(11-01-2023, 01:01 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Found this pasar malam video with a similar kind of dessert you tiao (skip to 11min 52s of the video). A LOT of sweet and savoury flavours, but I don't think it's grilled over charcoal like the bangkok version.

waah the kuih lompat tikam + double choc cakoi (you tiao) is my perfect dessert.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 13-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 01:36 PM)canary1990 Wrote: Wow at the fried chicken. Not just huge but also looks so perfectly fried.

Yeah the fried chicken looks so good. Actually, almost everything from that restaurant looks good. Quite basic everyday kind of food in Japan but it looks so well done.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 15-01-2023

(13-01-2023, 06:24 AM)monstafish Wrote: waah the kuih lompat tikam + double choc cakoi (you tiao) is my perfect dessert.

I keep seeing the word "cakoi" when I was in Malaysia and when watching the video, but I only just realised it's from the Cantonese pronunciation "yau cha guai" Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 16-01-2023

(15-01-2023, 02:54 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: I keep seeing the word "cakoi" when I was in Malaysia and when watching the video, but I only just realised it's from the Cantonese pronunciation "yau cha guai" Laugh

Oh so that's where cakoi comes from...and I was the one who posted the video in the first place. -_- -_- -_-

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 17-01-2023

(15-01-2023, 02:54 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: I keep seeing the word "cakoi" when I was in Malaysia and when watching the video, but I only just realised it's from the Cantonese pronunciation "yau cha guai" Laugh

(16-01-2023, 12:56 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Oh so that's where cakoi comes from...and I was the one who posted the video in the first place. -_- -_- -_-

lol yes different races live together will end up borrow words here and there Smile