damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 16-02-2023

Nice little buffet restaurant in Korea, only about US$5 so it's obviously not super fancy but still looks like great quality and value for money.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 17-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 06:14 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Nice little buffet restaurant in Korea, only about US$5 so it's obviously not super fancy but still looks like great quality and value for money.

No-frills but filling. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - edwang - 19-02-2023

(16-02-2023, 06:14 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Nice little buffet restaurant in Korea, only about US$5 so it's obviously not super fancy but still looks like great quality and value for money.

Hahah I saw a few plates without any rice or carbs on them. Good to see the buffet mindset exists around the world. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - adrenalinn - 20-02-2023

(19-02-2023, 06:13 PM)edwang Wrote: Hahah I saw a few plates without any rice or carbs on them. Good to see the buffet mindset exists around the world. Big Smile

Haha Korea is same as Singapore la...life is expensive and tough. The common folk will save money whenever possible.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - jenzz - 21-02-2023

an ex sumo wrestler opened a restaurant and the portion sizes are..well..made for sumo wrestlers.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - k.ng - 22-02-2023

(21-02-2023, 09:14 PM)jenzz Wrote: an ex sumo wrestler opened a restaurant and the portion sizes are..well..made for sumo wrestlers.

At first, I was wondering how they can consistently deep fry the huge slabs of meat till they're cooked all the way through then I saw them boiling the meat first before frying. Good thing I don't work in a professional kitchen. :x

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - mesmerise - 23-02-2023

(21-02-2023, 09:14 PM)jenzz Wrote: an ex sumo wrestler opened a restaurant and the portion sizes are..well..made for sumo wrestlers.

I love the sound when he cuts the katsu.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - kxingstar - 24-02-2023

(22-02-2023, 01:01 PM)k.ng Wrote: At first, I was wondering how they can consistently deep fry the huge slabs of meat till they're cooked all the way through then I saw them boiling the meat first before frying. Good thing I don't work in a professional kitchen. :x

I've tried making katsudon at home. Normal-sized pieces, not sumo-sized ones. I didn't boil them before breading and frying but that's because I made normal-sized pieces, not sumo-sized ones. Cheeky But yah, if you're making thick katsu pieces, I think definitely need to precook unless you're familiar with the temperature of the oil and timing.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 25-02-2023

Lol the size is ridiculously huge.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ghettomotto - 26-02-2023

The film crew caught the chef on a bad day...he had a slight runny nose while cooking. Big Smile But the food looks good.