damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 03-01-2022

A restaurant situated in a bus in Harbin, China.
Hmm I wonder why the diners are predominantly men...?

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 04-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 08:10 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: A restaurant situated in a bus in Harbin, China.

Hmm I really wonder why. Typical men. -_-
But to be fair, the food looks cheap and delicious. And to be even more fair, she looks a bit like that HK actress Kelly Chen.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 04-01-2022

(04-01-2022, 12:20 AM)Icicle Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 08:10 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: A restaurant situated in a bus in Harbin, China.

Hmm I really wonder why. Typical men. -_-
But to be fair, the food looks cheap and delicious. And to be even more fair, she looks a bit like that HK actress Kelly Chen.

Also, the bus restaurant looks warm and comfy in the winter. So let's cut those men some slack lah. Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - crispy - 04-01-2022

like what others have said, its simply bcos the food is good Smile

(my wife reads this website too)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - NewtonsAdamsApple - 05-01-2022

(04-01-2022, 10:32 PM)crispy Wrote:

like what others have said, its simply bcos the food is good Smile

(my wife reads this website too)

I agree. I'd visit the restaurant simply because the food is good. Wink

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 05-01-2022

Okay let's return the focus back to food. -_- How about this stall in Guangdong that sells raw prawns, lobsters, and shellfish in a simple marinade?

Raw seafood is always risky so the stall even comes with a warning to potential diners (see 4:59) that not everyone can handle raw seafood, so they actually advise new customers to just order a little at first to see if their stomachs can take it before going for a large order.

To me, everything looks delicious but I should also note that I'm quite open to raw seafood in general, such as raw shrimp salad in Thailand, sashimi and sushi, and raw marinated crab from Korea. Would you try this raw seafood stall in Guangdong?

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 06-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 05:16 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: Okay let's return the focus back to food. -_- How about this stall in Guangdong that sells raw prawns, lobsters, and shellfish in a simple marinade?

Raw seafood is always risky so the stall even comes with a warning to potential diners (see 4:59) that not everyone can handle raw seafood, so they actually advise new customers to just order a little at first to see if their stomachs can take it before going for a large order.

To me, everything looks delicious but I should also note that I'm quite open to raw seafood in general, such as raw shrimp salad in Thailand, sashimi and sushi, and raw marinated crab from Korea. Would you try this raw seafood stall in Guangdong?

Yup I'll try it! Like you mentioned, it's quite similar to the Korean dish gejang, which is raw crab marinated in soy sauce and chili paste. 
[Image: pkHKH4j.jpg]
Had good experiences trying gejang so this raw seafood stall should be no problem, especially if they've been open for seven years. 
The raw shellfish on the other hand...probably more risky.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 06-01-2022

(06-01-2022, 03:45 PM)totoro08 Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 05:16 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: Okay let's return the focus back to food. -_- How about this stall in Guangdong that sells raw prawns, lobsters, and shellfish in a simple marinade?

Yup I'll try it! Like you mentioned, it's quite similar to the Korean dish gejang, which is raw crab marinated in soy sauce and chili paste. 
[Image: pkHKH4j.jpg]
Had good experiences trying gejang so this raw seafood stall should be no problem, especially if they've been open for seven years. 
The raw shellfish on the other hand...probably more risky.

That's exactly what the food in the video reminded me of! Same idea of raw crab marinated in soy sauce. Haven't tried raw crab yet but I'd be quite open to doing so. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - canary1990 - 07-01-2022

this little eatery looks interesting but raw seafood is really quite risky. the warning they put up is enough to convince me this isn't what i should be eating if i'm on a holiday.  Scared

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - DennisTheMenace - 08-01-2022

For fellow residents who miss visiting Johor...