damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ylhs97 - 03-07-2023

(29-06-2023, 05:06 PM)adrenalinn Wrote: I love Japanese-style pasta. Too bad it's quite overpriced here.

The most famous japanese pasta in SG is probably pasta de waraku and you're right, it's quite overpriced.

[Image: 1rzwgU5.png]

But luckily it's quite easy to replicate their pasta imo. Buy some mentaiko and you can stir it into a basic aglio olio style pasta.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Autumnn - 04-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 09:15 PM)ylhs97 Wrote: But luckily it's quite easy to replicate their pasta imo. Buy some mentaiko and you can stir it into a basic aglio olio style pasta.

Yes I agree! Mentaiko or even the Euro-style fish roe in a tube goes very well with pasta.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 06-07-2023

(03-07-2023, 09:15 PM)ylhs97 Wrote: But luckily it's quite easy to replicate their pasta imo. Buy some mentaiko and you can stir it into a basic aglio olio style pasta.

You really triggered my craving. Laugh I guess I know what I'm getting for dinner.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 07-07-2023

This video got my attention with all the deep fried stuff in the first few minutes.  Cry 

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - mesmerise - 08-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 01:04 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: This video got my attention with all the deep fried stuff in the first few minutes.  Cry 

Why does the fried chicken always look so good in these videos? Cry Cry

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 09-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 04:28 PM)mesmerise Wrote: Why does the fried chicken always look so good in these videos? Cry Cry

Fried chicken always looks good. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - k.ng - 10-07-2023

(09-07-2023, 04:52 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: Fried chicken always looks good. Big Smile

Perfect answer. Like The sound of freshly fried chicken against other freshly fried chicken though...so crispy.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Limfamily - 12-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 01:04 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: This video got my attention with all the deep fried stuff in the first few minutes.  Cry 

Love these videos of small town pasar malams. I have relatives living in similar places in Malaysia so it's quite nostalgic watching these videos. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - k.ng - 14-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 09:26 PM)Limfamily Wrote: Love these videos of small town pasar malams. I have relatives living in similar places in Malaysia so it's quite nostalgic watching these videos. Like

Haha same here. A lot of Malaysian towns have the same feel so these pasar malam videos always bring up memories of my childhood in Skudai.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - membrain - 15-07-2023

This is a cool idea for a buffet restaurant - fry your own skewers. I love this kind of food but this restaurant looks quite expensive for such simple ingredients.