damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - membrain - 08-01-2022

(08-01-2022, 07:29 PM)DennisTheMenace Wrote: For fellow residents who miss visiting Johor...

Mmmm yes the black carrot cake.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 09-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 11:06 PM)canary1990 Wrote: this little eatery looks interesting but raw seafood is really quite risky. the warning they put up is enough to convince me this isn't what i should be eating if i'm on a holiday.  Scared

Actually, after being good friends with my stomach for so many years, I know that raw seafood is a little risky for me too. But it's just so hard to resist the pure seafood sweetness and crunchy texture of a raw prawn or oyster!

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 10-01-2022

Yet another item on my future Korea trip itinerary--a feast of never-ending fresh oysters!

Great vibe and atmosphere too!

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 10-01-2022

(10-01-2022, 08:05 PM)Icicle Wrote: Yet another item on my future Korea trip itinerary--a feast of never-ending fresh oysters!

A lot of oysters posted in this thread recently. Thanks, now I'm craving raw fresh oysters. Unfortunately it's not something I can get delivered to my place. Cry

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - DennisTheMenace - 11-01-2022

(08-01-2022, 10:30 PM)membrain Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 07:29 PM)DennisTheMenace Wrote: For fellow residents who miss visiting Johor...

Mmmm yes the black carrot cake.

I miss that too. Although I usually prefer white carrot cake which is common in Singapore, sometimes the sweet black version is nice too.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - membrain - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 05:00 PM)DennisTheMenace Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 10:30 PM)membrain Wrote: Mmmm yes the black carrot cake.

I miss that too. Although I usually prefer white carrot cake which is common in Singapore, sometimes the sweet black version is nice too.

For some reason, the Malaysian black carrot cake is always nicer. I asked my Malaysian colleague and he said it's simply because their version more unhealthy. Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 12-01-2022

nice to see pasar malam again. waiting for our pioneer mrt station pasar malam to be back!

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 12-01-2022

(10-01-2022, 08:05 PM)Icicle Wrote: Yet another item on my future Korea trip itinerary--a feast of never-ending fresh oysters!

Awww that's just a really nice video. The Korean people were so hospitable and everyone was just enjoying the seafood feast.

(11-01-2022, 10:26 PM)membrain Wrote: For some reason, the Malaysian black carrot cake is always nicer. I asked my Malaysian colleague and he said it's simply because their version more unhealthy. Laugh

Yah it's that simple but the extra lard sure makes a difference. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 13-01-2022

(12-01-2022, 10:21 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: Awww that's just a really nice video. The Korean people were so hospitable and everyone was just enjoying the seafood feast.

Yup I really enjoyed the video not just for the food but also the atmosphere. That restaurant looks like one of those places that'll fill your stomach and warm your heart. Smile

Here's another cool video I watched recently. A couple of French guys serving their home's food from a cute little cart in Japan.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - jenzz - 14-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 11:15 PM)Icicle Wrote: Here's another cool video I watched recently. A couple of French guys serving their home's food from a cute little cart in Japan.

this kind of push cart restaurant is so cool! i wonder if selling singaporean food in japan from a push cart can make money...like bak chor mee, roti prata or even satay.