damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 28-09-2023

One of my favourite foods. Also known as "golden pillow". I love the combo of soft bun and thick curry.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 29-09-2023

(28-09-2023, 01:18 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: One of my favourite foods. Also known as "golden pillow". I love the combo of soft bun and thick curry.

I tried one (not the one featured in your vid) with curry that wasn't very thick and it ruined the experience.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - canary1990 - 30-09-2023

(29-09-2023, 04:46 PM)totoro08 Wrote: I tried one (not the one featured in your vid) with curry that wasn't very thick and it ruined the experience.

Lol I know what you mean. Actually, any curry that's watery will miss the whole point...

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - k.ng - 01-10-2023

(28-09-2023, 01:18 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: One of my favourite foods. Also known as "golden pillow". I love the combo of soft bun and thick curry.

Wow I never knew the curry was wrapped inside plastic and then baked into the bread. Always thought they just made the bread really thick to prevent leakage. -_- I guess I never bothered to find out because it looks quite plain on the outside.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 02-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 01:04 PM)k.ng Wrote: Wow I never knew the curry was wrapped inside plastic and then baked into the bread. Always thought they just made the bread really thick to prevent leakage. -_- I guess I never bothered to find out because it looks quite plain on the outside.

Hahah you should try! It's not as plain as it looks. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - MooMooBird - 05-10-2023

Anyone else here a fan a bak chor mee SOUP? It's much rarer than the dry version but sometimes I just get the craving, especially for this stall in the video. Too bad it's so far from my house... Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - jenzz - 05-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 11:04 AM)MooMooBird Wrote: Anyone else here a fan a bak chor mee SOUP? It's much rarer than the dry version but sometimes I just get the craving, especially for this stall in the video. Too bad it's so far from my house... Laugh

nv actually tried before. i saw it a few times but BCM soup version felt wrong leh...too used to dry version ba...

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Autumnn - 06-10-2023

(05-10-2023, 04:35 PM)jenzz Wrote: nv actually tried before. i saw it a few times but BCM soup version felt wrong leh...too used to dry version ba...

I think it's a east vs west thing. People living in the east are more familiar with soup bcm because there are some famous stalls in the Bedok area but as far as I know, there are no soup bcm stalls in the west. My old poly friends and I discussed this before. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 07-10-2023

Taiwanese night market with a nice variety of food, including roast pork that looks amazingly crispy.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - vern.l - 08-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 01:16 PM)Autumnn Wrote: I think it's a east vs west thing. People living in the east are more familiar with soup bcm because there are some famous stalls in the Bedok area but as far as I know, there are no soup bcm stalls in the west. My old poly friends and I discussed this before. Big Smile

Makes sense...no wonder I have never seen soup version before. Laugh