damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - plmx - 10-10-2023

(07-10-2023, 12:08 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Taiwanese night market with a nice variety of food, including roast pork that looks amazingly crispy.

For some reason, the most tempting foods are the simple ones like tofu and dumplings. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 11-10-2023

I remember the first time I went to Bangkok for the first time with my parents and we had this kind of porridge for breakfast. Now, I have to eat it almost every time I'm there. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Limfamily - 12-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 11:19 AM)Icicle Wrote: I remember the first time I went to Bangkok for the first time with my parents and we had this kind of porridge for breakfast. Now, I have to eat it almost every time I'm there. Smile

I know what you mean. Smile My family and I used to travel to bkk now and then too. Our traditional first meal had to be tom yum noodles.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 14-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 02:24 PM)plmx Wrote: For some reason, the most tempting foods are the simple ones like tofu and dumplings. Like

I agree. Smile With all the variety and innovation in night markets, sometimes the simpler old favourites are the best.

(11-10-2023, 11:19 AM)Icicle Wrote: I remember the first time I went to Bangkok for the first time with my parents and we had this kind of porridge for breakfast. Now, I have to eat it almost every time I'm there. Smile

The mini youtiao are so cute! They don't look as soft and airy as the regular sized youtiaos though.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ylhs97 - 17-10-2023

(14-10-2023, 04:27 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: I agree. Smile With all the variety and innovation in night markets, sometimes the simpler old favourites are the best.

Same sentiments but maybe it's because we tend to prefer what we grew up with. Like if I visit a pasar malam, I always think of steamed corn and Taiwanese sausage. The connection is so strong that I almost always end up getting the same thing.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - kxingstar - 19-10-2023

A famous Taiwanese food TV show just uploaded some old episodes of Singaporean food. Hope you'll enjoy the retro sights. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - jenzz - 20-10-2023

(19-10-2023, 12:03 PM)kxingstar Wrote: A famous Taiwanese food TV show just uploaded some old episodes of Singaporean food. Hope you'll enjoy the retro sights. Smile

thx for the share. this is the SG of my childhood. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Autumnn - 21-10-2023

(19-10-2023, 12:03 PM)kxingstar Wrote: A famous Taiwanese food TV show just uploaded some old episodes of Singaporean food. Hope you'll enjoy the retro sights. Smile

Haha this show's theme music is iconic. Still remember it from the old days.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - kxingstar - 23-10-2023

(21-10-2023, 11:32 AM)Autumnn Wrote: Haha this show's theme music is iconic. Still remember it from the old days.

LOL I remember that tune from my parents' house too. They used to watch the show quite regularly. Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 24-10-2023

(20-10-2023, 05:02 PM)jenzz Wrote: thx for the share. this is the SG of my childhood. Big Smile

I think the videos' colour is making the footage look even older. Laugh