damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 26-12-2023

(24-12-2023, 03:55 PM)totoro08 Wrote: This stall in Ampang, KL has been serving bak kwa sandwich toasted over charcoal fire for over 40 years. Super unique! I have never tried it before but I can guarantee it's better than subway. Big Smile

I know the charcoal grilling adds a lot of flavour to the bread and bak kwa but I still can't help but think about the lazy sandwiches I made for myself from leftover bak kwa from CNY. Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 27-12-2023

(26-12-2023, 10:45 AM)AroyMakMak Wrote: I know the charcoal grilling adds a lot of flavour to the bread and bak kwa but I still can't help but think about the lazy sandwiches I made for myself from leftover bak kwa from CNY. Laugh

I think many of us made bak kwa sandwiches but theirs is like the deluxe version with extra toppings and condiments and of course, the charcoal grilling. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - yh92 - 28-12-2023

(24-12-2023, 03:55 PM)totoro08 Wrote: This stall in Ampang, KL has been serving bak kwa sandwich toasted over charcoal fire for over 40 years. Super unique! I have never tried it before but I can guarantee it's better than subway. Big Smile

Very cool video. I've never seen this food item before! And almost anything is better than Subway these days. Cheeky

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - wavez - 29-12-2023

(27-12-2023, 11:25 AM)totoro08 Wrote: I think many of us made bak kwa sandwiches but theirs is like the deluxe version with extra toppings and condiments and of course, the charcoal grilling. Big Smile

Lol my thoughts exactly. "Hey this is the deluxe version of the post-CNY bak kwa sandwich I make for myself."

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 30-12-2023

(28-12-2023, 03:39 PM)yh92 Wrote: Very cool video. I've never seen this food item before! And almost anything is better than Subway these days. Cheeky

Same here! Never seen anything like that before. And I thought I have seen everything as a youtube food video addict. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Autumnn - 31-12-2023

(28-12-2023, 03:39 PM)yh92 Wrote: Very cool video. I've never seen this food item before! And almost anything is better than Subway these days. Cheeky

Subway has never been good...my opinion lah.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - yh92 - 02-01-2024

I think many of us are familiar with this old shopping centre, especially in our school days when we needed sports stuff. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - jenzz - 03-01-2024

(02-01-2024, 02:30 PM)yh92 Wrote: I think many of us are familiar with this old shopping centre, especially in our school days when we needed sports stuff. Big Smile

wahhh nostalgia blast esp the katong laksa stall and the trophy shop. quite amazing they r still around.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 04-01-2024

(03-01-2024, 05:15 PM)jenzz Wrote: wahhh nostalgia blast esp the katong laksa stall and the trophy shop. quite amazing they r still around.

Haha I got the same nostalgic vibes when watching the video. That was where I had my first bowl of Katong laksa since I wasn't part of the Holland V gang and certainly not the East Coast gang. Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - berry_good - 05-01-2024

(03-01-2024, 05:15 PM)jenzz Wrote: wahhh nostalgia blast esp the katong laksa stall and the trophy shop. quite amazing they r still around.

Yeah quite cool to see those businesses still surviving but I think a lot has changed too, replaced by the many secondhand clothing shops that the host found. That's the reality of running a small business in SG haiz.