damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - vern.l - 06-01-2024

(05-01-2024, 11:39 AM)berry_good Wrote: Yeah quite cool to see those businesses still surviving but I think a lot has changed too, replaced by the many secondhand clothing shops that the host found. That's the reality of running a small business in SG haiz.

Thats why we must appreciate what we have in front of us now, like this CKT near where i used to live. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Autumnn - 06-01-2024

(05-01-2024, 11:39 AM)berry_good Wrote: Yeah quite cool to see those businesses still surviving but I think a lot has changed too, replaced by the many secondhand clothing shops that the host found. That's the reality of running a small business in SG haiz.

I think I'll pay Queensway SC my first visit now that there are so many thrift stores there because I'm not really a sporting person lol.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Kurihara - 07-01-2024

(03-01-2024, 05:15 PM)jenzz Wrote: wahhh nostalgia blast esp the katong laksa stall and the trophy shop. quite amazing they r still around.

I'm glad that laksa stall is still around because it's perfect for after shopping at IKEA. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 08-01-2024

(06-01-2024, 12:30 PM)vern.l Wrote: Thats why we must appreciate what we have in front of us now, like this CKT near where i used to live. Big Smile

So this is where the old Margaret Drive char kway teow stall went! Trust me, this is legit. You must try if you love CKT. Like Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 09-01-2024

(08-01-2024, 01:12 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: So this is where the old Margaret Drive char kway teow stall went! Trust me, this is legit. You must try if you love CKT. Like Like

Ohh so that's the famous Margaret Drive CKT. An ex-colleague used to rave to us about how it's the best CKT in Singapore and was upset when the old Margaret Drive Hawker Centre was closed. Good to see the stall found a new home.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Autumnn - 10-01-2024

Wow so many rave reviews about that char kway teow. Looks like I should try. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - berry_good - 11-01-2024

(07-01-2024, 09:25 PM)Kurihara Wrote: I'm glad that laksa stall is still around because it's perfect for after shopping at IKEA. Big Smile

Lol why not eat at ikea instead?

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 12-01-2024

(09-01-2024, 02:18 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Ohh so that's the famous Margaret Drive CKT. An ex-colleague used to rave to us about how it's the best CKT in Singapore and was upset when the old Margaret Drive Hawker Centre was closed. Good to see the stall found a new home.

Your ex-colleague didn't exaggerate haha. If it's not the best in Singapore, I personally think it's up there in the top three.

(10-01-2024, 04:49 PM)Autumnn Wrote: Wow so many rave reviews about that char kway teow. Looks like I should try. Big Smile

Definitely! I only ate it a few times in my life but the memory lingers. Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - wavez - 14-01-2024

Chef Bob introduces his top three halal recommendations in Singapore. It's hard to say if the food is really that good but his descriptions really next level hahah.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 15-01-2024

(14-01-2024, 01:03 PM)wavez Wrote: Chef Bob introduces his top three halal recommendations in Singapore. It's hard to say if the food is really that good but his descriptions really next level hahah.

lol gd to see chef bob as passionate about food as ever.