damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 26-01-2024

(22-01-2024, 01:52 PM)totoro08 Wrote: Why are all these good food so far away from me?? Cry Cry This stall in Klang sells a homemade deluxe version of nasi lemak with lamb curry, prawn curry, etc. Look at how popular it is!

Looks good. The queues don't lie. Like

This mutton noodles stall in China very smartly situated itself near a hot spring. Must be a real pleasure enjoying the hot spring on a cold day and then going for a bowl of mutton soup afterwards. Heart

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 27-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 04:16 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: This mutton noodles stall in China very smartly situated itself near a hot spring. Must be a real pleasure enjoying the hot spring on a cold day and then going for a bowl of mutton soup afterwards. Heart

If the stall has been around for 3 generations it should be very good. Love old food businesses like this.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - berry_good - 30-01-2024

(26-01-2024, 04:16 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: This mutton noodles stall in China very smartly situated itself near a hot spring. Must be a real pleasure enjoying the hot spring on a cold day and then going for a bowl of mutton soup afterwards. Heart

The soup looks quite simple which is quite interesting because mutton soup tends to have very strong herbal and spice seasoning to cover up the gamey smell of mutton. I wonder how this soup tastes.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 01-02-2024

(27-01-2024, 02:45 PM)Icicle Wrote: If the stall has been around for 3 generations it should be very good. Love old food businesses like this.

Same here. Not really a fan of mutton soup but I appreciate the old family business and the young lady boss chopping the meat herself. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - MooMooBird - 05-02-2024

Who else a fan of tsukemen?

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - edwang - 06-02-2024

(05-02-2024, 10:20 PM)MooMooBird Wrote: Who else a fan of tsukemen?

Watching these youtubers eat ramen always reminds me I am eating it wrong...I should learn to slurp louder haha more appetizing that way.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 08-02-2024

Tsukemen on hot days, traditional soup ramen on cooler days. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - shiv - 09-02-2024

(30-01-2024, 02:29 PM)berry_good Wrote: The soup looks quite simple which is quite interesting because mutton soup tends to have very strong herbal and spice seasoning to cover up the gamey smell of mutton. I wonder how this soup tastes.

The only mutton I eat are in curries or Indian-style soups which are also heavily spiced. I'm also curious how this simple soup would taste.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - DennisTheMenace - 10-02-2024

(06-02-2024, 09:15 PM)edwang Wrote: Watching these youtubers eat ramen always reminds me I am eating it wrong...I should learn to slurp louder haha more appetizing that way.

They say it makes ramen taste better because you also suck in air which cools the noodles but sounds like bs to me LOL. I think it just feels better to eat without restraints.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 11-02-2024

I miss the Menya Musashi tsukemen. Used to have a nice selection of different noodle types and a thick gravy but too bad the quality dipped quite quickly when they changed management.