damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 18-03-2024

(17-03-2024, 12:17 PM)yh92 Wrote: Always wondered what that iconic cylindrical building in Novena was...and the Japanese bakery looks pretty good too!

the joss sticks tuition center is interesting ah. clever marketing.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - mich.c - 19-03-2024

(17-03-2024, 12:17 PM)yh92 Wrote: Always wondered what that iconic cylindrical building in Novena was...and the Japanese bakery looks pretty good too!

I feel like that bakery's creamy crab sandwich is my kind of food.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Foxinthebox - 21-03-2024

(18-03-2024, 07:06 AM)monstafish Wrote: the joss sticks tuition center is interesting ah. clever marketing.

Hahah I really thought it was some kinda cult.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 22-03-2024

(16-03-2024, 01:56 PM)jenzz Wrote: lol i got curious and searched for that video. regret sia.

Haha I know right? At least the salamander was farm bred and not from an endangered source.

(19-03-2024, 11:37 AM)mich.c Wrote: I feel like that bakery's creamy crab sandwich is my kind of food.

That bakery is really quite good. Been there a few times when I used to work near that area.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - jenzz - 23-03-2024

this vid is not rly about food but i think its still quite meaningful. a whole group of multiracial malaysian youtubers experience ramadan with their muslim frens..the vid is in chinese but no subtitles. paiseh to those who dun understand chinese.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - yh92 - 24-03-2024

(23-03-2024, 11:00 AM)jenzz Wrote: this vid is not rly about food but i think its still quite meaningful. a whole group of multiracial malaysian youtubers experience ramadan with their muslim frens..the vid is in chinese but no subtitles. paiseh to those who dun understand chinese.

Nice video. Thanks for the share! Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 25-03-2024

(23-03-2024, 11:00 AM)jenzz Wrote: this vid is not rly about food but i think its still quite meaningful. a whole group of multiracial malaysian youtubers experience ramadan with their muslim frens..the vid is in chinese but no subtitles. paiseh to those who dun understand chinese.

i understood only 50% of the vid but its still gd. Like fasting is always tough the first few days but you will get used to it over some time.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 25-03-2024

(25-03-2024, 06:36 AM)monstafish Wrote: i understood only 50% of the vid but its still gd. Like fasting is always tough the first few days but you will get used to it over some time.

Yeah the Muslim participants in that video talked about how they slowly got used to fasting as kids when their parents would reward them for doing so. That's how they learned to look forward to ramadan as children.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 26-03-2024

Oh and I wanna share this video too. The buffet restaurants featured aren't really special but the sandwich shop at around 15:22 caught my eye because it sells FRIED sandwiches! Cry

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 27-03-2024

(25-03-2024, 11:52 PM)Icicle Wrote: Yeah the Muslim participants in that video talked about how they slowly got used to fasting as kids when their parents would reward them for doing so. That's how they learned to look forward to ramadan as children.

yea tts qt a common way for children to learn even tho it contradicts the intentions behind ramadan a bit lol.