damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - mesmerise - 29-03-2024

(26-03-2024, 05:46 PM)Icicle Wrote: Oh and I wanna share this video too. The buffet restaurants featured aren't really special but the sandwich shop at around 15:22 caught my eye because it sells FRIED sandwiches! Cry

I thought the food would be kind of bad because they are cheap buffets but it all looks quite decent!

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - mich.c - 31-03-2024

(26-03-2024, 05:46 PM)Icicle Wrote: Oh and I wanna share this video too. The buffet restaurants featured aren't really special but the sandwich shop at around 15:22 caught my eye because it sells FRIED sandwiches! Cry

Each fried sandwich looks so delicious but they're like total carb bombs. I hope they don't export their business here or else I'll eat them every week. Big Smile

I also just watched this video on Hong Kong's equivalent of our 24-hour coffee shops and it's quite fascinating. It has all the classics you can get from Xin Wang HK Cafe but the original version.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 01-04-2024

(31-03-2024, 12:37 PM)mich.c Wrote: I also just watched this video on Hong Kong's equivalent of our 24-hour coffee shops and it's quite fascinating. It has all the classics you can get from Xin Wang HK Cafe but the original version.

Nice vid, beautifully shot. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - jenzz - 02-04-2024

(31-03-2024, 12:37 PM)mich.c Wrote: Each fried sandwich looks so delicious but they're like total carb bombs. I hope they don't export their business here or else I'll eat them every week. Big Smile

haha that was the first thing I tot of too..the calories. im not 18 anymore when i could eat as much as possible and not gain weight.. Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - mich.c - 04-04-2024

(02-04-2024, 04:37 PM)jenzz Wrote: haha that was the first thing I tot of too..the calories. im not 18 anymore when i could eat as much as possible and not gain weight.. Laugh

HAHA yes that's the most painful thing about growing older. Wrinkles and laugh lines are nothing compared to having to eat less. Cry

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 05-04-2024

(29-03-2024, 11:43 AM)mesmerise Wrote: I thought the food would be kind of bad because they are cheap buffets but it all looks quite decent!

Yeah the buffets looked quite decent. The only downside is probably they're quite carb-heavy so most people won't be able to eat much.

Speaking of buffets...a few colleagues and I are thinking of getting some mala hotpot after work so we watched Chef Wang's video of a hotpot restaurant that serves super fresh ingredients. We are now inspired to eat our fill later this evening! Laugh

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 07-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 01:11 PM)Icicle Wrote: Speaking of buffets...a few colleagues and I are thinking of getting some mala hotpot after work so we watched Chef Wang's video of a hotpot restaurant that serves super fresh ingredients. We are now inspired to eat our fill later this evening! Laugh

The restaurant is right next to a slaughterhouse...doesn't get any fresher than that. Hope your hotpot dinner lived up to that video's hype. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ylhs97 - 08-04-2024

(05-04-2024, 01:11 PM)Icicle Wrote: Speaking of buffets...a few colleagues and I are thinking of getting some mala hotpot after work so we watched Chef Wang's video of a hotpot restaurant that serves super fresh ingredients. We are now inspired to eat our fill later this evening! Laugh

Wow nice. I eat hotpot quite often but I think I've been playing quite safe in my choice of ingredients...always been a little hesitant to try tripe and all the organ-y stuff. Maybe I'll try some of those more "exotic" liao in my next visit.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 09-04-2024

(07-04-2024, 01:04 PM)AroyMakMak Wrote: The restaurant is right next to a slaughterhouse...doesn't get any fresher than that. Hope your hotpot dinner lived up to that video's hype. Big Smile

Haha I wish. It was still okay but of course couldn't beat the one in Wang Gang's video.

(08-04-2024, 09:30 PM)ylhs97 Wrote: Wow nice. I eat hotpot quite often but I think I've been playing quite safe in my choice of ingredients...always been a little hesitant to try tripe and all the organ-y stuff. Maybe I'll try some of those more "exotic" liao in my next visit.

You should! I was quite hesitant too at first but tripe is one of my favourite mala hotpot ingredients now. The texture is too addictive.

Speaking of exotic, what about hongeo-hoe? It's basically fermented sting ray and it has a notoriously strong smell and taste. Even though it's a somewhat iconic dish of Korea, not many Koreans eat it.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - berry_good - 10-04-2024

(09-04-2024, 08:50 PM)Icicle Wrote: Speaking of exotic, what about hongeo-hoe? It's basically fermented sting ray and it has a notoriously strong smell and taste. Even though it's a somewhat iconic dish of Korea, not many Koreans eat it.

Looks interesting but way too bizarre for me lol!