damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - crispy - 20-01-2022

(19-01-2022, 11:46 PM)membrain Wrote: The world-famous food vlogger posted a video about eating with a tribe in the mountains of Northern Thailand and it's super fascinating. Almost every ingredient was caught or plucked from their surroundings. 
Really made me appreciate how much easier it is to have a meal in Singapore. Even starting a fire would probably take as much time for a food delivery to arrive at my doorstep. 

the big bowl of cold "curry" they ate looks v interesting...just grilled fish + herbs + spices mixed in cold water. never seen anything like that before. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - membrain - 21-01-2022

(20-01-2022, 09:25 PM)crispy Wrote:
(19-01-2022, 11:46 PM)membrain Wrote: The world-famous food vlogger posted a video about eating with a tribe in the mountains of Northern Thailand and it's super fascinating. Almost every ingredient was caught or plucked from their surroundings. 
Really made me appreciate how much easier it is to have a meal in Singapore. Even starting a fire would probably take as much time for a food delivery to arrive at my doorstep. 

the big bowl of cold "curry" they ate looks v interesting...just grilled fish + herbs + spices mixed in cold water. never seen anything like that before. Like

Yup it's very interesting and unique. Looks and sounds plain too but I think it's quite flavourful.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - canary1990 - 21-01-2022

Nice to see the Beauty World food centre still open. Used to go there quite a bit during my primary school days for dinner with my family.
The beef noodles featured at 3:54 looks legit, especially the soup.
At 10:35, you can see something that's really unique—fried porridge! Sounds like a weird concept but it looks really popular. 
And at 15:20, the vlogger films the mutton soup stall that's been around since forever. They also sell all kinds of offal soup, which I vaguely remember eating with my family as a kid.

Hope you enjoy the video! If it stirred up your appetite, consider visiting the food centre to support the hawkers. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - berry_good - 22-01-2022

(21-01-2022, 05:06 PM)canary1990 Wrote: Nice to see the Beauty World food centre still open. Used to go there quite a bit during my primary school days for dinner with my family.
At 10:35, you can see something that's really unique—fried porridge! Sounds like a weird concept but it looks really popular. 
And at 15:20, the vlogger films the mutton soup stall that's been around since forever. They also sell all kinds of offal soup, which I vaguely remember eating with my family as a kid.

Hope you enjoy the video! If it stirred up your appetite, consider visiting the food centre to support the hawkers. Smile

i want to try the beef noodles! have been looking for that kind of beef noodles in singapore (the kind with clearer soup which is harder to find here) so it's good there's a stall somewhat nearby. Like

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - crispy - 22-01-2022

(21-01-2022, 05:06 PM)canary1990 Wrote: Nice to see the Beauty World food centre still open. Used to go there quite a bit during my primary school days for dinner with my family.

last time i went to beauty world food centre, seems like a lot of korean restaurants and stalls popped up. but good to see still got local stalls. Like

and here are some gigantic prawns from bangkok. their legs look as big as crab legs  Shocked

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - membrain - 22-01-2022

(22-01-2022, 04:37 PM)crispy Wrote: last time i went to beauty world food centre, seems like a lot of korean restaurants and stalls popped up. but good to see still got local stalls. Like
and here are some gigantic prawns from bangkok. their legs look as big as crab legs  Shocked

Wow you weren't kidding. Those prawn legs are gigantic. Shocked

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 23-01-2022

(22-01-2022, 04:37 PM)crispy Wrote: last time i went to beauty world food centre, seems like a lot of korean restaurants and stalls popped up. but good to see still got local stalls. Like

Looks great, especially the giant prawn, but I think it's possible to get better quality seafood in Bangkok for better prices.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 23-01-2022

(21-01-2022, 05:06 PM)canary1990 Wrote: Hope you enjoy the video! If it stirred up your appetite, consider visiting the food centre to support the hawkers. Smile

I love this message. More than ever, our local hawkers need our support.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 25-01-2022

Anyone else a fan of tsukemen? It's like ramen but you dip the dry noodles into a thick broth instead of having them mixed together. I find the noodles to be chewier and the soup to be more flavourful. After trying tsukemen, it was hard for me to return to normal ramen. Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 26-01-2022

wah looks good but too bad not halal. the prawn is rly rly gigantic.