American teacher claims she was fired for not acknowledging student's cat identity
(20-01-2022, 04:36 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Okay the source of this article is not exactly a "verified" news outlet so let's take this with a pinch of salt...

A substitute teacher in the US claims that she was fired by her school because she didn't meow back at a student who identifies as a cat.

Read more and watch the teacher's allegations on https://thepostmillennial.com/teacher-al...tudent-cat.

Should the teacher have simply played along with the boy's identity? Was the school too paranoid about negative PR? Does a boy have the right to identify as a cat? Does the boy have the right to impose his identity on everyone else?

This is such a weird news story but I'm interested to read what you guys think.

Oh wow that's a weird story. 

I mean, I support recognising people by what they identify as. But then again, I had a primary school classmate who thought she was a cat too. I guess it was somewhat cute but that was also before social media and the so-called "cancel culture", so everyone just thought she was being quirky.

If this story took place ten years ago, I don't think the teacher would've gotten into any trouble at all. I guess this says more about the kind of culture we're in rather than the people involved in your news article.
Add Thank You Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: American teacher claims she was fired for not acknowledging student's cat identity - by Kurihara - 20-01-2022, 06:05 PM