Anyone else disappointed in FairPrice?
FairPrice has recently been in the news for inaccurately labelling their products. It all started when someone found that a packet of chicken breast was labelled as being 59g or 36% heavier than it actually is. In other words, you'd be paying 36% more for the chicken breast.

[Image: IFi0osm.png]

FairPrice's response wasn't great. On their Facebook page they wrote, "We advise the public not to circulate unverified claims which may cause unnecessary public alarm. We appeal to customers to contact us directly so we may address their concerns expeditiously and avoid any misunderstanding."

I believe it's the right of consumers to inform other consumers if a large corporation like NTUC FairPrice is engaging in such unfair business practices. To hear that kind of response from FairPrice was disappointing. Especially in the age of social media, such communication between consumers is expected. 

And then it happened again. This video was posted on Reddit, showing a pack of salmon that was marked up about 68% (!).

It got worse for FairPrice as Shin Min Daily News found that Cold Storage and Sheng Siong actually gave more meat than they were supposed to. English story here.

This has really damaged my trust in FairPrice. I think I'll actually take some time to weigh my meat purchases before paying.
[-] The following 3 locals thanked NewtonsAdamsApple for this post:
  • canary1990, mich.c, Autumnn
Add Thank You Reply

Messages In This Thread
Anyone else disappointed in FairPrice? - by NewtonsAdamsApple - 09-02-2022, 11:05 PM