Investment
Hi Hi everyone, 

I'm starting this thread to hopefully help people or just discuss investment-related topics. 
Don't worry I am not selling you anything I just want to share my knowledge. Most of the stuff about investment is self-taught so I am also learning.
If you guys have any questions do ask them I'll try my best to answer. 
*Disclaimer I am not a professional at investing, I'm just a student that has tried investing and still learning. Big Smile
[-] The following 1 local thanked Blobfish for this post:
  • DennisTheMenace
Add Thank You Reply
(15-11-2021, 06:25 PM)Blobfish Wrote: Hi Hi everyone, 

I'm starting this thread to hopefully help people or just discuss investment-related topics. 
Don't worry I am not selling you anything I just want to share my knowledge. Most of the stuff about investment is self-taught so I am also learning.
*Disclaimer I am not a professional at investing, I'm just a student that has tried investing and still learning. Big Smile

Hello. Are you speaking of any type of investment in particular? Crypto, real estate, etc.?
Add Thank You Reply
(15-11-2021, 11:01 PM)NewtonsAdamsApple Wrote:

Hello. Are you speaking of any type of investment in particular? Crypto, real estate, etc.?

Hi Hi, 
I have tried the following only :
Stashaway
Syfe
Tiger broker 
Singlife 
Moo Moo 
Interactive brokers

For the stocks, I do invest in REITs, ETF and specific stocks 

In the future, I plan to go into cryto but not a large percentage of my portfolio
Add Thank You Reply
(15-11-2021, 11:47 PM)Blobfish Wrote:
(15-11-2021, 11:01 PM)NewtonsAdamsApple Wrote:

Hi Hi, 
Stashaway
Syfe
Tiger broker 
Singlife 
Moo Moo 
Interactive brokers

In the future, I plan to go into cryto but not a large percentage of my portfolio

Crypto seems to be dipping after weeks of bullish activity. May be worth keeping an eye on.
By the way, how's Tiger broker? I see their ads at bus stops all over jurong west so I'm a little skeptical actually, since true value-providing platforms rarely have to be advertised.
Add Thank You Reply
(16-11-2021, 03:00 PM)ghettomotto Wrote:
(15-11-2021, 11:47 PM)Blobfish Wrote:
(15-11-2021, 11:01 PM)NewtonsAdamsApple Wrote: Hello. Are you speaking of any type of investment in particular? Crypto, real estate, etc.?

Hi Hi, 
Stashaway
Syfe
Tiger broker 
Singlife 
Moo Moo 
Interactive brokers

Crypto seems to be dipping after weeks of bullish activity. May be worth keeping an eye on.
By the way, how's Tiger broker? I see their ads at bus stops all over jurong west so I'm a little skeptical actually, since true value-providing platforms rarely have to be advertised.

For tiger broker, its pretty legit not gonna lie, in term on true value ya they are doing it. They just have fees
Add Thank You Reply
(16-11-2021, 03:00 PM)ghettomotto Wrote: Crypto seems to be dipping after weeks of bullish activity. May be worth keeping an eye on.

Yeah I was going to ask about Tiger Brokers too. They did some extensive advertising to the mass public but I'm not sure if that's 100% ethical because the stock market isn't for everyone. Even the most educated traders would admit there's an element of gambling involved. Buyers beware, indeed.
Add Thank You Reply
(16-11-2021, 11:22 PM)NewtonsAdamsApple Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 03:00 PM)ghettomotto Wrote: Crypto seems to be dipping after weeks of bullish activity. May be worth keeping an eye on.

Yeah I was going to ask about Tiger Brokers too. They did some extensive advertising to the mass public but I'm not sure if that's 100% ethical because the stock market isn't for everyone. Even the most educated traders would admit there's an element of gambling involved. Buyers beware, indeed.

I agree with the fact that the stock market isn't for everyone and people will lose money if they do that. But ya it's really based on the person's choice ultimately and their knowledge on it
Add Thank You Reply

Oh may I ask do you invest in anything?
Add Thank You Reply

Well, I agree when we are in the investing world, there is no cushion against 'our' failure - we are on our own. 
It is very easy to succumb to temptations (like meme stocks, forex, ...)
Investing is both the personal temperament and the specific instrument. For me, I tried US options, and SG stock / reits. 
I guess dividend investing still suits me best. Smile
Add Thank You Reply
(17-11-2021, 06:04 PM)ben14sg Wrote:

Well, I agree when we are in the investing world, there is no cushion against 'our' failure - we are on our own. 
It is very easy to succumb to temptations (like meme stocks, forex, ...)
Investing is both the personal temperament and the specific instrument. For me, I tried US options, and SG stock / reits. 
I guess dividend investing still suits me best. Smile
I agree hahahah dividend stocks are pretty chill and my heart can take it
Add Thank You Reply