Japanese longkang so clean that koi fish are living in them
I saw this recently and I'm so fascinated. There are some towns in Japan that have such clean drains that expensive-looking koi fish live in them!

[Image: 3y4S58H.jpg]

[Image: ThsFCoc.jpg]

Is it possible to achieve this in Singapore? Wink

A video of the koi swimming around in the drains.

[-] The following 7 locals thanked ScornfulScone for this post:
  • arthur, jenzz, canary1990, berry_good, shiv, vince95, crispy
Add Thank You Reply
Another video.

[-] The following 2 locals thanked ScornfulScone for this post:
  • jenzz, crispy
Add Thank You Reply
the big longkang near our estate also got fish  Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

no la seriously the photos and videos you shared are really beautiful. i can only imagine how peaceful the town feels.
[-] The following 2 locals thanked monstafish for this post:
  • canary1990, shiv
Add Thank You Reply
(07-01-2022, 06:11 AM)monstafish Wrote: the big longkang near our estate also got fish  Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

no la seriously the photos and videos you shared are really beautiful. i can only imagine how peaceful the town feels.

Laugh yes we do have fishes in our drains too  Laugh
Add Thank You Reply
(07-01-2022, 06:11 AM)monstafish Wrote: the big longkang near our estate also got fish  Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

LOL technically you're right.
But it must be such a wonderful sight to see such big colourful fish swimming in clear drain water while you're walking along those streets. May have to visit that town soon. Smile
Add Thank You Reply
(06-01-2022, 11:07 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: I saw this recently and I'm so fascinated. There are some towns in Japan that have such clean drains that expensive-looking koi fish live in them!

[Image: 3y4S58H.jpg]

[Image: ThsFCoc.jpg]

Is it possible to achieve this in Singapore? Wink

A video of the koi swimming around in the drains.

each fish must be a few hundred dollars!
i think if our drain has such fish, the drain will be empty very quickly. Laugh
Add Thank You Reply

-_-
Add Thank You Reply
Hahahah a lot of funny replies in this thread, but I really wonder if it's possible to make our big drains so clean that big colourful fish can start living in them. After all, we do already have a lot of fish, birds, and even otters living off our drainage system.
Add Thank You Reply
(06-01-2022, 11:12 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Another video.

that is beautiful. every street is like a garden. Like
Add Thank You Reply
(08-01-2022, 05:11 PM)berry_good Wrote: Hahahah a lot of funny replies in this thread, but I really wonder if it's possible to make our big drains so clean that big colourful fish can start living in them. After all, we do already have a lot of fish, birds, and even otters living off our drainage system.

Later Sentosa SEA Aquarium will not have anyone going there, loose business..  All come to our long kang to see the fishes.
People often overestimate what will happen in the next two years and underestimate what will happen in ten. - Author: Bill Gates
Add Thank You Reply