The story of Bob, the BBFA otter
Bob is an otter living in Loutre otter cafe in Kyoto, Japan. He becoming quite popular on Loutre's YouTube channel not just because he's cute but also because of his backstory. Bob is the ultimate underdog (or underotter).

He was named after Bob the Minion because like the cartoon character, Bob the otter is kinda chunky.

[Image: gPWdWxN.jpg]

In this video, you can see Bob struggling to reach food pellets placed on his back because of how chunky he is.  Heart

Bob also has a very short and fat tail. The next video compares his tail to Oage's. (Oage is another male otter living in the cafe. He's a big part of Bob's backstory.)

(To be continued in next post...)
[-] The following 8 locals thanked Kurihara for this post:
  • monstafish, totoro08, vince95, Icicle, membrain, jenzz, kxingstar, ricericerice
Add Thank You Reply
As some of you will know, BBFA is Singaporean Internet slang for Bui Bui (fat fat) Forever Alone. 

So Bob is a bit bui bui, but why he is forever alone?

You see, Bob is quite a shy boy. He's not as outgoing as his former best friend, Oage. (Why former? You'll find out soon.)

Despite this, Bob managed to have a girlfriend for a short while. The female otter's name is Otsuyu.

However, his then-best friend Oage stole her away from him. Oage and Otsuyu even mated and had two baby girls of their own.

Bob never forgave Oage.

In the next video, you can see Bob (in the pool) doing an angry dance at around 0:52 because the owner of Loutre otter cafe was playing with Oage. Bob was probably thinking, "You already stole my girlfriend and now you want to steal my human too???"

(To be continued in next post...)
[-] The following 8 locals thanked Kurihara for this post:
  • monstafish, totoro08, vince95, Icicle, membrain, jenzz, Foxinthebox, vikfen
Add Thank You Reply
Despite all the drama that has happened to him, Bob is still a very kind otter.

In fact, he seems to be a better father figure to Oage's baby girls than Oage is!

Here you can see Bob playing with his ex-gf Otsuyu and Oage's babies. 

From what I know about animal behaviour, this is very rare as many male animals can be violent towards children that are not their own. 

Indeed, Bob has nothing but love for everyone who is not Oage. Laugh

Here is Bob enjoying the cafe owner's pampering. Look at how chubby he is!

[-] The following 6 locals thanked Kurihara for this post:
  • monstafish, totoro08, vince95, Icicle, membrain, MooMooBird
Add Thank You Reply
thx for sharing bobs story. he is one lovable fella. Big Smile
also thx for teaching me about 'BBFA'. Laugh
[-] The following 1 local thanked monstafish for this post:
  • Kurihara
Add Thank You Reply
(13-01-2022, 12:46 AM)Kurihara Wrote: Despite all the drama that has happened to him, Bob is still a very kind otter.

In fact, he seems to be a better father figure to Oage's baby girls than Oage is!

Here you can see Bob playing with his ex-gf Otsuyu and Bob's babies. 

Bob is too precious! He's really full of kindness and love (except towards Oage LOL). Instead of calling him Bob the BBFA otter, I'll refer to him as Bob the dad bod otter.  Big Smile
Add Thank You Reply
i never knew otters' lives are so full of drama lol. and i think everyone here knows a Bob and Oage among their circles of friends. Suggestive
[-] The following 1 local thanked vince95 for this post:
  • Kurihara
Add Thank You Reply
(13-01-2022, 10:26 PM)vince95 Wrote: i never knew otters' lives are so full of drama lol. and i think everyone here knows a Bob and Oage among their circles of friends. Suggestive

Lol that's true. We all know a Bob and Oage.
Add Thank You Reply
(13-01-2022, 12:37 AM)Kurihara Wrote: As some of you will know, BBFA is Singaporean Internet slang for Bui Bui (fat fat) Forever Alone. 

You see, Bob is quite a shy boy. He's not as outgoing as his former best friend, Oage. (Why former? You'll find out soon.)

Despite this, Bob managed to have a girlfriend for a short while. The female otter's name is Otsuyu.

However, his then-best friend Oage stole her away from him. Oage and Otsuyu even mated and had two baby girls of their own.

Bob never forgave Oage.

In the next video, you can see Bob (in the pool) doing an angry dance at around 0:52 because the owner of Loutre otter cafe was playing with Oage. Bob was probably thinking, "You already stole my girlfriend and now you want to steal my human too???"

bob is so cute!! my family and i watched his "angry dance" together and we were laughing nonstop Heart Heart
[-] The following 1 local thanked jenzz for this post:
  • Kurihara
Add Thank You Reply
(14-01-2022, 03:32 PM)jenzz Wrote:
(13-01-2022, 12:37 AM)Kurihara Wrote: As some of you will know, BBFA is Singaporean Internet slang for Bui Bui (fat fat) Forever Alone. 

Bob never forgave Oage.

bob is so cute!! my family and i watched his "angry dance" together and we were laughing nonstop Heart Heart

Yes!!! I have been rewatching his angry dance over and over again because it's just too funny. He's so cute that even his anger is lovable. Laugh
[-] The following 1 local thanked totoro08 for this post:
  • Kurihara
Add Thank You Reply
I'm glad so many people enjoyed the story of Bob.

You may also wonder what happened to Oage, who cheated on Otsuyu?

Here's a video of Oage trying to meet his babies for the first time.

As you can see, Otsuyu and her twin sister, Odashi, try their best to prevent Oage from getting in touch with the baby otters. Looks like otters don't appreciate infidelity at all. Big Smile

My favourite part is at 1:57 when Otsuyu and Odashi are in Oage's room and Odashi (who seems quite feisty and protective of her sister) flips over Oage's bowl of food and walks away.  Laugh Laugh

[-] The following 2 locals thanked Kurihara for this post:
  • shiv, vikfen
Add Thank You Reply