Animals and nature videos/pics (not cute or funny)
i saw this amazing video of a gigantic crocodile eating a SHARK in Australia and I want to share it with you guys. its obviously not cute or funny so it does not really fit into the "Sharing cute and funny videos of animals" thread, so im starting a new one for people who like wildlife documentaries and such.

if you decide to post anything thats especially bloody or violent, do provide a warning.

[-] The following 9 locals thanked vince95 for this post:
  • mesmerise, MooMooBird, ghettomotto, mich.c, DennisTheMenace, monstafish, canary1990, membrain, NewtonsAdamsApple
Add Thank You Reply
(12-03-2022, 11:26 PM)vince95 Wrote: i saw this amazing video of a gigantic crocodile eating a SHARK in Australia and I want to share it with you guys. its obviously not cute or funny so it does not really fit into the "Sharing cute and funny videos of animals" thread, so im starting a new one for people who like wildlife documentaries and such.

if you decide to post anything thats especially bloody or violent, do provide a warning.

Wth...a shark and a crocodile in the same river. I want to live far far away from this place. Scared
Add Thank You Reply
(12-03-2022, 11:26 PM)vince95 Wrote: i saw this amazing video of a gigantic crocodile eating a SHARK in Australia and I want to share it with you guys. its obviously not cute or funny so it does not really fit into the "Sharing cute and funny videos of animals" thread, so im starting a new one for people who like wildlife documentaries and such.

Holy moly that's a scary crocodile. Living dinosaurs.
Add Thank You Reply

Australian wildlife is quite crazy so that people there evolved to become crazier. Big Smile

Please do not try this if you see a snake.
[-] The following 5 locals thanked mich.c for this post:
  • DennisTheMenace, monstafish, vince95, canary1990, membrain
Add Thank You Reply
(14-03-2022, 02:56 PM)mich.c Wrote: Australian wildlife is quite crazy so that people there evolved to become crazier. Big Smile

Please do not try this if you see a snake.

I remember bumping into a baby cobra when I was a kid and I was already freaking out. This old man kicking a snake in the head to scare it away is another level.
[-] The following 1 local thanked DennisTheMenace for this post:
  • mich.c
Add Thank You Reply
Pretty cool video of a scuba diver interacting with an octopus, which is supposed to be one of the most intelligent animals in the ocean. 

[-] The following 6 locals thanked vince95 for this post:
  • Kurihara, monstafish, crispy, canary1990, membrain, NewtonsAdamsApple
Add Thank You Reply
(15-03-2022, 09:58 PM)vince95 Wrote: Pretty cool video of a scuba diver interacting with an octopus, which is supposed to be one of the most intelligent animals in the ocean. 

That's such a cool video. The octopus was definitely curious and was also sensitive to how the diver reacted.
[-] The following 1 local thanked Kurihara for this post:
  • vince95
Add Thank You Reply
(15-03-2022, 11:22 PM)Kurihara Wrote: That's such a cool video. The octopus was definitely curious and was also sensitive to how the diver reacted.

when the diver said it was like meeting an alien, i understood what he meant. the octopus was very intelligent.
[-] The following 1 local thanked monstafish for this post:
  • vince95
Add Thank You Reply
the mantis shrimp is known for its powerful "punch", which it uses to knock out fish or break open clams for food.

[Image: B9GD8IL.jpg]

how powerful is the punch? check out the damage it does to a fisherman's neoprene boots and his foot. warning: there is some blood in the video but nothing too violent or disgusting.

[-] The following 5 locals thanked vince95 for this post:
  • membrain, yh92, canary1990, mich.c, NewtonsAdamsApple
Add Thank You Reply
(19-03-2022, 10:42 AM)vince95 Wrote: the mantis shrimp is known for its powerful "punch", which it uses to knock out fish or break open clams for food.

[Image: B9GD8IL.jpg]

how powerful is the punch? check out the damage it does to a fisherman's neoprene boots and his foot. warning: there is some blood in the video but nothing too violent or disgusting.

Omg that's a nasty punch from the mantis shrimp. If I'm not wrong, the boots are made of the same material as diving suits. For a small animal to be able to punch a hole in it and also puncture the person's skin, that's really something.
Add Thank You Reply