Middle-class family in Shanghai dealing with lockdown (Chinese video)

Some key points that I noted:

• This family has to rely on some kind of group buy programme with other residents in the same building for food
  • The food is delivered to their doorstep by volunteers since it's very inconvenient to leave home
  • Looks like the residents take turns becoming volunteers to deliver food
  • Regular online shopping is impossible since everything is sold out
  • Price of one head of Chinese cabbage is roughly SGD21 (!!!)

Not trying to scare anyone or anything...but we shouldn't take things for granted yah.
[-] The following 5 locals thanked Limfamily for this post:
  • jenzz, Autumnn, Kurihara, crispy, kxingstar
Add Thank You Reply
thk u for sharing. the video brings back some bad memories of our own lockdown in sg but its good to be reminded so we can get ready jus in case. Like
Add Thank You Reply
(17-04-2022, 08:11 PM)jenzz Wrote: thk u for sharing. the video brings back some bad memories of our own lockdown in sg but its good to be reminded so we can get ready jus in case. Like

Yah it's always a good idea to keep some extra dry or durable food for emergency.
[-] The following 1 local thanked Limfamily for this post:
  • jenzz
Add Thank You Reply
(17-04-2022, 11:23 AM)Limfamily Wrote:

Some key points that I noted:

• This family has to rely on some kind of group buy programme with other residents in the same building for food
  • The food is delivered to their doorstep by volunteers since it's very inconvenient to leave home
  • Looks like the residents take turns becoming volunteers to deliver food
  • Regular online shopping is impossible since everything is sold out
  • Price of one head of Chinese cabbage is roughly SGD21 (!!!)

Not trying to scare anyone or anything...but we shouldn't take things for granted yah.

I'm genuinely wondering about the reason behind their government's zero-covid policy. This kind of reaction seems overblown.
Add Thank You Reply