Jurong West ice cream uncle and his principle of making an honest living
Nice little story from mothership.

[Image: aRgmf65.png]

Quote:One Jeremy Goh posted to Facebook an encounter with an ice cream uncle at Jurong West.

Goh shared that the ice cream he bought cost S$1.20. After paying, he asked the uncle to keep the extra change.

The uncle, however, refused to accept the change, and according to Goh, even chased after him to return the money.

The uncle apparently said that this was his "principle" to making an honest living.

Instead of paying him extra, the uncle would rather Goh patronise his cart more.

According to Goh, the uncle typically stations himself around Blk 674 Jurong West St 65 or outside Boon Lay Secondary School, everyday from 2pm to 10pm.

From https://mothership.sg/2020/03/jurong-ice...no-change/ (Mar 2020)

So if you see our local ice cream uncle around and you're in the mood for a dessert, buy some ice cream from him. Smile
[-] The following 10 locals thanked k.ng for this post:
  • Kurihara, MooMooBird, monstafish, kxingstar, krustyyy08, Icicle, ylhs97, DennisTheMenace, mesmerise, ghettomotto
Add Thank You Reply
is this the same uncle who is at the traffic crossing between boon lay MRT and our estate?
Add Thank You Reply
(29-04-2022, 06:21 AM)monstafish Wrote: is this the same uncle who is at the traffic crossing between boon lay MRT and our estate?

I'm unable to confirm from the photo leh but the stall looks the same.
[-] The following 1 local thanked k.ng for this post:
  • monstafish
Add Thank You Reply
(29-04-2022, 06:21 AM)monstafish Wrote: is this the same uncle who is at the traffic crossing between boon lay MRT and our estate?

i tink so. 
looks like him!
such a heart warming story.
[-] The following 1 local thanked jenzz for this post:
  • monstafish
Add Thank You Reply
(30-04-2022, 10:59 AM)k.ng Wrote: I'm unable to confirm from the photo leh but the stall looks the same.

(30-04-2022, 08:48 PM)jenzz Wrote: i tink so. 
looks like him!
such a heart warming story.

if its rly him then its worth supporting his honest approach to business.
[-] The following 2 locals thanked monstafish for this post:
  • mesmerise, k.ng
Add Thank You Reply