Stereotypes of Jurong West (from Reddit)
Was reading reddit.com/r/singapore and saw a thread on stereotypes of different parts of Singapore.
Here are some quotes about our beloved Jurong West. What are my fellow residents' thoughts?
Remember, these are just stereotypes. Don't take them too seriously.  Smile

Quote:Jurong West, lots of gangsters and secret societies still operating.

Quote:Jurong west to me is like sg version of wild wild west..whereby you are living amongst heavy industries with cocoa smell, lots of migrant workers esp from south asia, and where people don’t queue up ever before boarding mrt..just chiong in once doors open..

Quote:Need to bring passport when going to the west
Add Thank You Reply
I used to study in NTU and have been hearing the cocoa smell comment for years. -_-

Most of them, those comments come from Singaporeans visiting Jurong West for the first time. Some of them also live in expensive neighbourhoods so they never had to experience living near industrial estates.

Oh well, Jurong West is not perfect but it's still my home.  Smile
[-] The following 2 locals thanked totoro08 for this post:
  • omglol, jenzz
Add Thank You Reply
(14-11-2021, 05:40 PM)totoro08 Wrote: I used to study in NTU and have been hearing the cocoa smell comment for years. -_-

Most of them, those comments come from Singaporeans visiting Jurong West for the first time. Some of them also live in expensive neighbourhoods so they never had to experience living near industrial estates.

Oh well, Jurong West is not perfect but it's still my home.  Smile

yah i agree. jurong west is not perfect but its my home.  Like
Add Thank You Reply
(14-11-2021, 04:00 PM)ghettomotto Wrote:
Quote:Jurong West, lots of gangsters and secret societies still operating.

sure got one la. but i think overall still not so bad compared to some other estates.
Add Thank You Reply