damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West
Travel and food channels on Youtube - Printable Version

+- damnlocal.sg - for all residents of Jurong West (https://damnlocal.sg)
+-- Forum: damnlocal.sg (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Food and Cooking (https://damnlocal.sg/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Travel and food channels on Youtube (/thread-6.html)

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - vince95 - 01-03-2022

(28-02-2022, 04:52 PM)mich.c Wrote:

My favourite prata in Singapore! Anyone else tried this before? Their plain prata is mega crispy because they fry it in a generous amount of ghee. Unhealthy but it's sooooo good. Maybe it's a good thing the shop is located all the way in Joo Chiat instead of being too convenient for me. Big Smile

tried it once when it was at its old location in a tiny coffee shop behind joo chiat rd. super crispy prata, like you said. i know its moved to a bigger coffee shop beside dunman food centre but havent tried it since then.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Icicle - 01-03-2022

Beautiful grilled eel from Gijang, South Korea. The colour on the eel is just so appetising.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - monstafish - 02-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 05:34 PM)Icicle Wrote: Beautiful grilled eel from Gijang, South Korea. The colour on the eel is just so appetising.

i remember i watched some video of a korean restaurant cooking live eel. im just gonna say im glad this restaurant serves its eel dead and prepared. Laugh but this does look delicious.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - totoro08 - 02-03-2022

All the most amazing (and weird) vending machines of Singapore!

There's a cake vending machine at 8:33 with some tasty-looking items. Too bad it's all the way in Anchorvale. -_-

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - vince95 - 03-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 10:26 PM)totoro08 Wrote: All the most amazing (and weird) vending machines of Singapore!

There's a cake vending machine at 8:33 with some tasty-looking items. Too bad it's all the way in Anchorvale. -_-

never realised how many vending machines we have in singapore. guess the high costs of land and labour have made them a reasonable channel for many retailers.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - Limfamily - 03-03-2022

(24-02-2022, 05:46 PM)Icicle Wrote: Another video featuring Thai versions of food that we are familiar with. Big Smile
There's Thai version of dim sum, hokkien mee (which is totally different from Singaporean and Malaysian versions), and orh lua (fried oyster omelette) but with a twist.

Hahah looks like the orh lua was so disappointing after such a long wait. Everything else seems great though!

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - AroyMakMak - 04-03-2022

(03-03-2022, 10:42 PM)Limfamily Wrote: Hahah looks like the orh lua was so disappointing after such a long wait. Everything else seems great though!

Yeah I was really surprised that the oyster omelet turned out to be so basic-tasting after watching her add all the extra ingredients like taro and lard. Personally I'm not a fan of taro but the addition of lard cubes into the dish should have made it super tasty. I'll still wait in line to try it if I'm in Phuket though, just to find out for myself. Big Smile

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - ScornfulScone - 05-03-2022

(05-02-2022, 11:25 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: Would you eat a seafood meal made of crabs, shellfish, and prawns you find on a beach?

If you enjoyed my previous post (see above), maybe you'll like this video too! Another coastal foraging video and this time featuring a very helpful doggie.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - vince95 - 06-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 04:43 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: If you enjoyed my previous post (see above), maybe you'll like this video too! Another coastal foraging video and this time featuring a very helpful doggie.

shiok leh. free scallop buffet right on the beach.

RE: Travel and food channels on Youtube - yh92 - 06-03-2022

(06-03-2022, 02:54 AM)vince95 Wrote: shiok leh. free scallop buffet right on the beach.

I won't dare to eat wild seafood...probably a little risky. Scared but I don't mind bringing the kids out to such a beach so they can learn all about the different species that live there.