Travel and food channels on Youtube
One of my favourite foods. Also known as "golden pillow". I love the combo of soft bun and thick curry.

Add Thank You Reply
(28-09-2023, 01:18 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: One of my favourite foods. Also known as "golden pillow". I love the combo of soft bun and thick curry.

I tried one (not the one featured in your vid) with curry that wasn't very thick and it ruined the experience.
[-] The following 1 local thanked totoro08 for this post:
  • ScornfulScone
Add Thank You Reply
(29-09-2023, 04:46 PM)totoro08 Wrote: I tried one (not the one featured in your vid) with curry that wasn't very thick and it ruined the experience.

Lol I know what you mean. Actually, any curry that's watery will miss the whole point...
[-] The following 2 locals thanked canary1990 for this post:
  • ScornfulScone, totoro08
Add Thank You Reply
(28-09-2023, 01:18 PM)ScornfulScone Wrote: One of my favourite foods. Also known as "golden pillow". I love the combo of soft bun and thick curry.

Wow I never knew the curry was wrapped inside plastic and then baked into the bread. Always thought they just made the bread really thick to prevent leakage. -_- I guess I never bothered to find out because it looks quite plain on the outside.
[-] The following 1 local thanked k.ng for this post:
  • ScornfulScone
Add Thank You Reply
(01-10-2023, 01:04 PM)k.ng Wrote: Wow I never knew the curry was wrapped inside plastic and then baked into the bread. Always thought they just made the bread really thick to prevent leakage. -_- I guess I never bothered to find out because it looks quite plain on the outside.

Hahah you should try! It's not as plain as it looks. Smile
Add Thank You Reply

Anyone else here a fan a bak chor mee SOUP? It's much rarer than the dry version but sometimes I just get the craving, especially for this stall in the video. Too bad it's so far from my house... Laugh
Add Thank You Reply
(05-10-2023, 11:04 AM)MooMooBird Wrote: Anyone else here a fan a bak chor mee SOUP? It's much rarer than the dry version but sometimes I just get the craving, especially for this stall in the video. Too bad it's so far from my house... Laugh

nv actually tried before. i saw it a few times but BCM soup version felt wrong leh...too used to dry version ba...
Add Thank You Reply
(05-10-2023, 04:35 PM)jenzz Wrote: nv actually tried before. i saw it a few times but BCM soup version felt wrong leh...too used to dry version ba...

I think it's a east vs west thing. People living in the east are more familiar with soup bcm because there are some famous stalls in the Bedok area but as far as I know, there are no soup bcm stalls in the west. My old poly friends and I discussed this before. Big Smile
[-] The following 2 locals thanked Autumnn for this post:
  • jenzz, MooMooBird
Add Thank You Reply
Taiwanese night market with a nice variety of food, including roast pork that looks amazingly crispy.

Add Thank You Reply
(06-10-2023, 01:16 PM)Autumnn Wrote: I think it's a east vs west thing. People living in the east are more familiar with soup bcm because there are some famous stalls in the Bedok area but as far as I know, there are no soup bcm stalls in the west. My old poly friends and I discussed this before. Big Smile

Makes sense...no wonder I have never seen soup version before. Laugh
Add Thank You Reply