Napping during office hours
I know most bosses and managers will be skeptical of employees taking a short nap during working hours, if not outright reject such a suggestion. 

However, it seems that there are benefits associated with getting a quick rest after lunch.

If you can convince your manager/boss (or if YOU are the boss), napping may be a habit worth trying out.

[Image: rq5wpHt.png]
[-] The following 9 locals thanked arthur for this post:
  • kxingstar, Icicle, crispy, jenzz, membrain, canary1990, AroyMakMak, shiv, ScornfulScone
Add Thank You Reply
(25-11-2021, 06:10 PM)arthur Wrote: I know most bosses and managers will be skeptical of employees taking a short nap during working hours, if not outright reject such a suggestion. 

However, it seems that there are benefits associated with getting a quick rest after lunch.

If you can convince your manager/boss (or if YOU are the boss), napping may be a habit worth trying out.

Well there's still about a month left for us WfH people to experiment with napping after lunch. Big Smile
[-] The following 2 locals thanked kxingstar for this post:
  • Icicle, membrain
Add Thank You Reply
(25-11-2021, 07:29 PM)kxingstar Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 06:10 PM)arthur Wrote: I know most bosses and managers will be skeptical of employees taking a short nap during working hours, if not outright reject such a suggestion. 

Well there's still about a month left for us WfH people to experiment with napping after lunch. Big Smile

I think many managers will have to deal with whatever new habits employees may have developed over the wfm period. I hope napping will catch on. Smile

[Image: The-Google-office-in-Sydney.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
(25-11-2021, 10:25 PM)Icicle Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 07:29 PM)kxingstar Wrote:

I think many managers will have to deal with whatever new habits employees may have developed over the wfm period. I hope napping will catch on. Smile

I personally think it's a good idea to let staff members take a short nap if it does help to boost overall productivity. After all, it'd be wiser to think that companies are paying employees for their output and not the number of hours worked, right?
Add Thank You Reply
(27-11-2021, 02:15 PM)membrain Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 10:25 PM)Icicle Wrote:
(25-11-2021, 07:29 PM)kxingstar Wrote: Well there's still about a month left for us WfH people to experiment with napping after lunch. Big Smile

I personally think it's a good idea to let staff members take a short nap if it does help to boost overall productivity. After all, it'd be wiser to think that companies are paying employees for their output and not the number of hours worked, right?

Yeah...but some bosses are still stuck with the mindset that they're paying for your time. I noticed it's mostly the previous generations of bosses though.
Add Thank You Reply